Sunday, April 22, 2012

I Brake for Animals



I kill most of my time
reading and writing, to honor others,
The bumper sticker penetrates
the flickering images of my reverie,
Three words affixing themselves
on my brain's bulletin board,
while I walk past the silent houses,
I should have not said No to greeting birds,
I should have confessed to loving my marriage,
I should feel confident about my looking,
...
I'm waiting for him,
It's time to let go of animals
and grab the big hand to be released from inner jail.

5 comments:

  1. Interesting exploration set off by a message stuck on the car of an anonymous person, if I'm reading you at all correctly. Very thoughtful. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello.
    Thought-provoking post. Thanks for sharing.

    The Violet Maiden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes a bumper sticker on a passing car sets off all kinds of deep thoughts and I start to wonder if perhaps I've let my life slip passed me because I've been to engrossed in my life, my wants. Then the laughter in the back of a car full of little ones and teenagers makes me realize that every day I have a chance to make a U-turn and head back to a nice full life.
    I really enjoyed this, though it was a bit sad, but in spite of the sadness, I felt hope waiting at the end of it. Very well done. Be blessed.

    http://elizena-lovingmycreator.blogspot.com/2012/04/sunlight-whispers.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. your poem was very powerful, i could feel the sadness and the emptiness of your main person. Blessings to you
    http://leah-jamielynn.typepad.com/blog/2012/04/watch-read-and-get-inspired.html

    ReplyDelete